May 21 - Wine and Muffins

Wow, I’ve been slack on posting but not because nothing is happening. Partly it’s because I’ve started an instagram account for the surrogacy journey* and partly because I’m “home schooling” my kids and therefore mentally exhausted.

So, let’s see, where are we? Our clinic was allowed to resume transfers so things are back on track. I was still apprehensive but their safety protocols seem very reasonable and my IFs graciously offered me their guest suite over the garage to use whenever I need to come for an appointment. Both those things eased my mind and I agreed to proceed.

April 30 - first Lupron injection. The needles are tiny and it’s not a big deal.

May 8 - monitoring appointment with the RE. I drove in the night before and stayed in the guest suite. They left me the sweetest gift basket with yummy muffins, hand sanitizer, and a new water bottle that I am now obsessed with. They also chilled me a bottle of wine and I discovered the joy of drinking in the shower.

Lab results were good so I moved to the next stage of meds.

May 19 - another monitoring appointment, again staying in the guest suite. More wine and binge watched The Great, then got a delicious muffin on my way to my appointment. I’m sensing a theme here.

More positive lab results, and my lining was adequately thick.

Huzzah!
Transfer day is officially scheduled for next week.

May 21 - lots more pills and first day of Progesterone. I feel like it’s really not fair to start with itty bitty Lupron needles, which gives you false confidence, only to switch to a giant needle full of thick Progesterone oil. Yeowch.

Cross your fingers and toes for a thick lining and sticky embryos!

*I think the phrase surrogacy journey is cheesy, but it’s a fair description and I can’t think of a better phrase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment