Funny Friday - Jan 9

I've gotten slack about posting these lately. It's not because Luke isn't funny, and it certainly isn't because he doesn't talk. (He talks constantly, in case you were wondering) It just seems that as he gets older, he makes sense most of the time and has stopped saying the silly toddler things he used to (sob!). But for the sake of my readers (hi, mom!) I must persevere and get back into the habit of jotting down his musings.

At present Josie is still mostly babbling like an Ewok, but you can expect to see more from her in the future.

#1
driving through a downtown with lighted Christmas decorations
Luke: Why are there french horns?
Daddy: Because those are Christmas decorations.
Me: Some people think that french horns are Christmassy.
Luke: I don't.

#2
Luke: getting frustrated with Minecraft It's not working.
Josie cries, off camera
Me: Babe, Josie's crying.
Luke: crying It's not Josie, it me.
Me: Luke, sweetie, I think you need a nap.
Luke: crying harder I'm not tired!
Me: Remember? You told me you were tired from the park and you wanted a nap after lunch.
Luke: still crying I changed my mind.

#3
Luke: humming What's that noise?
Me: I don't know. Is it a bird?
Luke: No.
Me: Is it a dragonfly?
Luke: No. Really pay attention this time. hums again
Me: Is it a puppy?
Luke: No.
Me: Then I give up.
Luke: OK, it likes sea creatures and it's very noisy.
Me: Is it you?
Luke: Yes!

#4
Me: Josie, come here. Don't touch the Christmas tree!
Josie: Touch it!

#5
singing to himself in the car
What does the Luke say? Sperm whale, sperm whale, sperm whale, sperm whale. Sperm whale, sperm whale, sperm whale, sperm whale.
What does the Luke say? Squid, squid, squid, squid, squid, squid, squid. Squid, squid, squid, squid, squid, squid, squid.
What does the Mommy say? No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

#6
Luke: Mommy, the next baby you make, you should let me name it Wal-Mart.
Me: Well, I don't think I'll be having any more babies so you're probably out of luck.
Luke: Then when Josie gets to be a grown-up and makes babies, I will call them Wal-Mart!

#7
Me: What are you doing? You've been in the bathroom a while.
Luke: I just mined some food, and now I'm crafting poops.

#8
Luke: What does "babe" mean?
Me: It's a nickname that some people call their boyfriend or girlfriend.
Luke: Well, I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend, so I can't call them that.
Me: That's good, you're probably a little young for that.
Luke: Wait, Emma is my girlfriend! But I don't call her "babe."

No comments:

Post a Comment