I easily get bored with my hair so I thought New Year's was a good time to shake things up.
I am not a fan of my natural hair color. I was blond as a kid but as I got older the blond gave way to this icky, mousy shade I like to call dish water brown. My eyebrows are fairly dark so I feel like I can go darker and not look too unnatural. Plus the dark hair makes my eyes look REALLY blue. As for the cut, I asked to have all my layers chopped off and I finally got the bangs I really wanted the first time. I like the new look and the hubby says I look like College Lily minus all the eyeliner... I think that's a good thing.
Speaking of New Year's, let's talk resolutions. Actually, let's not. I don't do resolutions. I do goals. Here are my goals - some big, some small - for 2011:
- Study for and take the AREs. In order to become a licensed architect I have to take 7 exams. I took (and passed!) the hardest one last summer, then I took six months off to have a baby and get a handle on being a mom. Now I am back on the ARE train and 2011 will be the year of studying, studying and more studying. The plan is to tackle all six this year, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
- Keep losing weight. I try not to bore you guys with my weight loss journey, but I wanted to take a moment to fill you in and give myself a pat on the back. Here's the short version:
Lard Ass = 185 pounds
joined weight watchers
Got Pregnant = 175 pounds
quit weight watchers, grew a baby
Ready to Pop = 200 pounds
had the baby, started nursing, found my ankles again
Post-Baby = 175 pounds
joined a gym, rejoined weight watchers, still nursing
Current Weight = 150 pounds
still gymming, dieting and nursing
Goal Weight = 135-145 pounds
Right now I'm at the point where my size 12's are loose but I'm not small enough for a 10. I think I will get down to a solid 10 and call it a day.
- Be a good mom and wife. I know I will never be perfect at either task, but I want to be the best I can be for my 2 favorite guys.
- Stop being so critical. I am super judgemental by nature. I also like to whine. A lot. There will always be room for a good, old fashioned venting session every now and then, but other than that I am going to try to keep my negative thoughts to myself. My new mantra is "Being critical doesn't make me sound funny or smart. It just makes me seem like a jerk." Don't worry, I still plan to be snarky on the internet. This goal only applies in real life.
- Go with the flow. I also tend to be tightly wound. It's not my fault; it's genetic. I will try not to create high expectations and I will try to stay calm when my expectations aren't met.
- Get manicures. I found a salon near my house that will paint my nails for $6. With prices like that, why shouldn't I pamper myself every now and then?
So that's it. What are your goals for 2011?