October 16 - Med Screen

Things have officially ramped up and feel real!

As you may remember, the IFs and their RE clinic are in Charlotte, which is a 3-hour drive away from me in Raleigh. The RE clinic is being very flexible in allowing me to have some of my appointments at a trusted clinic closer to me, but I have to go to Charlotte for the 2 "big" appointments.

It was time for my medical screening so last night I drove to Charlotte. They generously booked me a hotel near the clinic and took me out for drinks so we could get to know each other. It could not have gone better! I already knew I liked them from our video chats, but in person, they're even better. We all got along wonderfully - I have many things in common with each of them - and it felt like we could be friends. I wasn't nervous about them at all, but I'm even more at ease and more excited to be working with them after our evening together.

This morning I got some work done at the hotel's business center - which was super cute, by the way - and then headed to the clinic after lunch. We covered a lot today: basic vitals and medical history, the saline sonogram, a sit-down with the doctor, a review of the med protocols, and a blood draw in their lab. Everyone was great and answered all of my questions. It is night and day from how I felt with the agency I started with. Small world, the doctor overseeing our case is friends with my Gynocologist!

Never one to pass up an opportunity, I stopped by IKEA on my way out of town. The shopping was uneventful except for the massive cramps, courtesy of the saline sonogram, that hit as I was waiting in line to check-out. Nothing I couldn't handle, but I was forced to eat lots of fried drive-thru food on my way home to make myself feel better, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment