Funny Friday - Jul 4

Happy 4th of July! I hope you and your family get to grill out and watch some fireworks today. I will be avoiding fireworks because I really don't like being screamed at by frightened babies.

#1
Mom and I got home from an overnight trip to VA
Nana, did you enjoy going with your daughter?

#2
My name is Luke Evan Harris Tittletalk Robitussin Bof

#3
Luke: Where does Daddy work?
Me: O'Brien Atkins Architects
Luke: That's a long word.
Me: It is. Daddy is an architect. That means he designs buildings.
Luke: I can build things better than Daddy. I'm going to be an architect on my first day of college.

#4
Picking up Luke to give him a hug
Me: Did you toot?
Luke: giggling No.
Me: You fibber. You tooted in my hand!
Luke: cackling I tooted in your hand because you deserved it!

#5
Luke: Mommy, what's a boo?
Me: I don't know, sweetie.
Luke: But you're a grownup. You have to know!

#6
In the middle of the night one of Luke's noise making toys started dying and making a terrible noise.
Luke: crying, half asleep Daddy, why do things run out of batteries?

#7
Luke: singing We won't, we won't rock you.
Me: Why not?
Luke: Just kidding.

#8
Me: Luke, let's make a pinkie promise. I'm worried you have a tummy ache so you can't have your marshmallow tonight. But you can have it when you feel better.
Luke: You did a good thing to me, Mommy. I want my marshmallow but I don't want it now. Marshmallows are too big. Bigger than my mouth.

#9
Luke often zones out in the middle of doing something, so we are constantly reminding him to "focus on your food," "focus on putting your shoes on," etc.
Steven: Luke, time to get up.
Luke: I just want to focus on sleeping for a little longer.

#10
helping me cook dinner
Luke: Artichokes are yuck.
Me: No, they're yummy!
Luke: They can be good in things, but they're yuck by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment