Create Movement

I am trying to be more healthy. I am not on a diet. I am not cutting carbs or counting calories. I am simply trying to lead a more healthy, more balanced life.

A big part of that is to do something, anything, that gets my heart rate up at least once a day. And no, looking at Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister doesn't count. I usually rotate between yoga, running, and Zumba, but weeding the yard totally counts, too.

I do this for me. For the alone time. For the sense of purpose and accomplishment. For the surge of empowerment as I push my body to its limits. I have had all these thoughts swirling in my head, but as I read a post by Melancholy Smile today, she summed it up perfectly. I was so inspired I couldn't help but capture her words and share them with you.

image source | quote source

Now get out there and start moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment