Quick Kitchen Tip

 If you have a tiny kitchen like me, this tip is for you. If you don't have a tiny kitchen - well, who doesn't need more counter space? - keep reading anyway.

Don't we all have a few items that come out of the dishwasher still wet? It's usually plastic stuff because plastic stuff takes longer to dry. Why is that? Science, that's why. In my case it's a little bit of tupperware and a truckload of bottles and sippy cups. I like to set them out until they're 100% dry because kiddie stuff has a bunch or parts and even more places water likes to hang around. If only I had somewhere to let them dry...

I know where you're going with this. You're glaring at your screen and yelling "hello, dummy, it's called a drying rack!" Yes, that's true. I even have a drying rack, but it's equal parts cute and tiny. Far too small to get the job done for a dishwasher full of kid stuff.

I considered buying a bigger one, but a) I'm cheap and b) I don't have the counter space for one. What I do have is an empty refrigerator top. So I laid down a dish towel and BOOM! free, spacious drying rack that doesn't get in the way.


I'm no shorty, but I still can't reach the top without assistance. Luckily, I have this super-slim step stool that I stash next to the refrigerator. I just pull it out whenever I need a quick boost in the kitchen. Fair warning: it doesn't improve my cooking skills, it only helps me reach tall things.


Moral of the story? Stop wasting the space above your refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment