Veronica and I are trying this new fad called jogging.

I believe its 'jogging' or 'yogging', it might be a soft 'J', I'm not sure. But apparently you just run for an extended period of time.



First of all, if you don't know that quote, you are missing out on one of the best movies of all time. Go watch Anchorman, right now.

Secondly, like Ron and Veronica, I now consider myself a jogger. I got tired of driving to and paying for the gym when I have a perfectly good neighborhood I can run around. For free. I'm not hardcore enough to say I'm a runner, because runners don't have to take frequent asthma breaks. But I think the jogging community won't be too offended if I include myself among them.

Of course, every new hobby requires some amount of accouterments. Can't be a wizard without a wand and a broom; can't be a potter without a pottery wheel and Patrick Swayze. So of course, now I feel like I need jogging stuff. Namely a jogging stroller.

As of a few weeks ago I thought jogging strollers were part of the conspiracy to get parents to buy crap they don't need. See: wipe warmers. I mean, what is so special about a jogging stroller? But after talking to some friends and attempting to jog with our regular stroller, I am now a convert. Jogging strollers have several features that separate them from regular old baby hauling devices, namely an enormous price tag. I did some googling and found that jogging strollers cost between $150 - $500. Um, I don't think so.

Don't ask me why, but Saturday morning I felt compelled to wake up and go yard sale hunting with my in-laws instead of my regularly scheduled sleeping in. Apparently I was driven by fate because I found a jogging stroller for $40. And because you can't shop at yard sales without haggling, I talked the seller down to $30! Luke and I have already taken it for a test-drive and we are both big fans.

Have you gotten any crazy deals on baby/kid gear lately?

1 comment:

  1. yay for running/jogging! (i can never bring myself to call myself a runner either ;) and yay for your pre loved jogger :) (that's how we got both of ours!!) (it's me jen, not anonymous)

    ReplyDelete