March 18 - It's The End Of The World As We Know It...

We're in the midst of Covid-19 and it feels like we're in the upside down. My kids schools closed as of Monday and my family (me, husband, 2 kids, and my mom) are all self-isolating and working/schooling from home. It feels scary, yet some people think it's not a big deal and are "free to live their lives."


But back to surrogacy. I just got off the phone with my RE clinic and, based on recommendations from ASRM, they have put a hold on all transfers for both IVF and Surrogacy. It's a huge bummer but I'm relieved. The pre-transfer testing involves many doctor visits, which increases my exposure. There's not enough data to know for sure, but scientists are starting to say that babies and pregnant women might be at a higher risk. And, last but not least, my contract has specific language that requires me to not knowingly or willingly put myself and the fetus at risk. How do you even go about doing that during a pandemic?

While I am absolutely disappointed, I'm hoping this is temporary and that we'll pick back up in a few months. The good part is all the pre-requirements are completed so we're in a good place to lay low without risk of back sliding. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment