May 6 - Break-Up Song?

The IFs and I have amicably walked away from the match.

Sorry if that was blunt, but I didn't want to dance around it.

Things were going well, reviewing medical records and scheduling the psych evaluations. We had all known from the get-go that I have a family cruise booked for June and we were all working to get the pre-appointments before the trip, and then start med protocol after I was back. However, my trip includes a stop in the Dominican Republic, which we discovered is in the zika zone. The fertility clinic they're using has a strict zika protocol that includes a 6 month waiting period before we can transfer embryos. We asked, and the protocol applies even if I don't leave the boat since it's all the same mosquito-infested air. I've never seen a mosquito that far out to sea, but fine, safety first.

Understandably they don't want to wait 6 extra months, and I don't want to cancel a family trip that's already paid for. So that left no other option than to walk away and seek other matches. At least neither of us had invested any money in the match, so nothing wasted but a few months time.

I still want to be a surrogate, and even told them to reach back out if they don't find anyone else, but I doubt that will happen because they're great guys and any GC would love to work with them. For me, I'm going to wait out my post-travel zika time - which includes another cruise in November that we booked after the match fell through the first time - and then try again. I can't decide if I want to go independent again or try to find an agency, but I have time to decide all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment