May 19

So, I'm not really sure what's going on.

We had amicably walked away from the match so the IFs could find a surrogate that can transfer sooner than I can. Then I got a message from them asking about my travel plans, and I answered that both my June and November trips (both booked and paid for) are to Zika zones. He told me that the waiting period is 6 months for egg donors, but only 2 months for surrogates, which is good news. He made comments that made it seem like I'm still in the mix, but nothing explicit.

Then nothing.

I followed up a few days later and said that I'm ready to proceed with all the pre-screening steps if they still want to transfer in January, or I'm OK if they're still looking for another surrogate. No response but I know he read it - thanks Facebook messenger! - so I honestly have no clue where we stand.

I really like them and hope we can make it work, but I'm obviously not going to push them. We all agree the most important thing is the safety of the baby/babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment