House Update

With just 20 days left until our closing, we have entered the home stretch! The final countdown! Some other phrase I'm too lazy to look up!

Here's a quick rundown of what's been done:
- everything inside the walls (plumbing, electrical, HVAC) is done
- master tub is in (that thing is huge - they had to build the bathroom around it!)
- roof is on
- siding is up and painted
- windows and exterior doors are in
- drywall is up, taped and mudded
- kitchen and bathroom cabinets are in
- bathroom countertops are in
- interior doors and mouldings are in

Still to do:
- toilets and sinks
- kitchen counters
- hardwood, tile (floor and wall), carpet
- wall paint
- light fixtures
- door knobs

The "still to do" seems like a short list, but those items will make the biggest difference between looking like a construction site and looking like a home. During the framing stage the progress seems to fly, but then it grinds to a halt once the drywall is in. Rest assured we are making frequent site visits and likely driving our contractor crazy, but I don't care. Once February rolls around they don't have to look at my house anymore, but I do, so I'm going to get my way. Or as close to my way as I can.

I can't wait to share the completed house!

No comments:

Post a Comment