Funny Friday - Apr 11

#1
Josie cries when I leave the room
Josie, be quiet. It's me. You love your big brother!

#2
Me: Did you draw this picture of our family?
Luke: Yes, in art center [at school].
Me: Tell me who everyone is.
Luke: That's Daddy, that's you holding Josie, that's me, that's Pop-Tart and Yo-Yo, and that's Scrunchy Bunch.
Scrunchy-Bunch is the imaginary cat Steven made up a few months ago. Not only has Luke not forgotten him, but apparently he's part of the family now.

#3
Luke: Mommy, I want to sleep in Target.
Me: You want to sleep in Target?
Luke: Yes.
Me: You can't, silly. There's nowhere to sleep in Target.
Luke: I can sleep on the fluffy coats. They're pretending to be a pillow.

#4
After Penny's birthday party
Can I go play with Penny's presents?

#5
Some dragons are bad guys, some dragons are nice, and some dragons bad guys keep as pets.

#6
Shake it, don't break it.

#7
Luke saw me loading his power wheels into my car
Luke: Mommy, why are you taking my Jeep to work?
Me: Because it's going to be in a movie!
Luke: What?!?
Me: We're making a movie at work, and you Jeep is going to be in it. Isn't that cool?
Luke: completely deadpan No. That's not cool, just funny.

#8
Luke: What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?
Me: Khakis.
Luke: No, jammies!
p.s. if you haven't seen this commercial, a) it's hilarious and b) it's twice as hilarious to hear a 3 year old recite it word-for-word




#9
Me: Your shirt is stuck! Your head is so big. What are we going to do with your big head?
Luke: thinks for second When I grow up, my head won't be big. It will be large.

#10
Grandpa: Did you have fun at Frog Fest?
Luke: Yes.
Grandpa: Did you eat any frogs?
Luke: No! You don't eat frogs.
Grandpa: Why not?
Luke: If you eat frogs, you might croak.

#11
Me: Say 'night night' to your sister.
Luke: Night night, Josie.
Josie: blows a raspberry

#12
Luke has reached the phase of making up "problems" to delay going to bed
Luke: Mommy, I'm scared of the dark.
Me: Do you want me to get the nightlight?
Luke: Yes.
Me: OK. I go get the nightlight Here it is, I'll plug it in for you.
Luke: Thank you, mommy.
Me: Uh, oh! I just realized something.
Luke: What?
Me: According to your height ruler, you're too tall to be afraid of the dark.
Luke: I am?
Me: Yep. You're allowed to be afraid of the dark until you're this tall (pointing to 39 inches) but now you're this tall (pointing to 43 inches). I guess you missed your opportunity.
Luke: Oh. OK. Night night, mommy.

------------

Songs Luke Knows:

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Telescope by Lennon and Maisy

No comments:

Post a Comment