This stage is AMAZING. He's really developing his personality and sense of humor. He's also starting to push boundaries but it's nothing we can't handle. Both Steven and I feel it's important to raise well-behaved, respectful kids so we've been working on discipline, in one way or another, since day 1. He's also really smart and observant - he doesn't miss anything.
Right now he:
- runs, climbs, jumps and loves being outside
- can read/recognize numbers and will "count" by saying the numbers in order
- loves to "read" books and call out whatever number, picture or shape he sees
- will make animal sounds when you ask him
- is learning basic sports skills like throwing and kicking
- is making progress with potty training. He is still wearing diapers, but he is pretty good about making them wet but not dirty.
- has SO MANY teeth! He has 16, which is almost a whole mouthful, so we let him eat pretty much anything
- is still sleeping well through the night (7:30 pm - 8:30 am, give or take) plus he takes a 1-3 hour nap after lunch
- just had his first buzz cut (just like Daddy)
And now, PICTURES!
|reading his pig book|
|bathtub mo-hawk, courtesy of Daddy|
|Luke and his teenage entourage|
|he really loves chips (a new food for him)|
|I dumped out the pieces for 4 puzzles into 1 pile. Luke correctly put the puzzles together AND neatly stacked the puzzles. I couldn't be prouder.|
|cool guy sunglasses + long hair, before the haircut|
|buzz cut aftermath - yes, i had a crazy moment and kept a lock of the hair.|
|buzz cut twins!|
So, I guess I'll see you in another 2 months... just kidding. At least I hope I'm kidding. I really need to be better about this whole blogging thing.