How Was Your Halloween?

My Halloween was fantastic, thanks for asking!

I was really excited about carving a pumpkin this year. Steven and I were leaning towards a simple ghost design, but then our not-so-inner nerds spoke up and we were inspired to carve a ghost... being chased by Pac-Man.

I apologize for the crappy picture. Photographing candlelight does funny things to my camera.

It has been at least 10 years since I've had a jack-o-lantern and I was really anxious to get started. Perhaps too anxious. Notice how the ghost's left eye is smaller than his right one? That's because we carved the pumpkins a week early, not remembering how quickly they start to mold and wilt. Eh, live and learn.

Another notch for the bummer column - we ran out of candy by 7:30. Not wanting to disappoint the trick-or-treaters, I raided the pantry. But since I'm back on Weight Watchers, this is all I had:

Sorry kids, I hope you like fruit snacks and diet cookies.

However, nothing could truly bum me out because I got to play with this little munchkin all day:

Really, Luke, could you get any cuter?

I'll see your Halloween jumpsuit, and raise you one lobster pot.

Touche, Lobster Luke, touche.

Best picture of the night:

No! Not the melted butter!

We didn't take him trick-or-treating (3 month olds don't eat candy) but we had fun dressing him up and seeing all the neighborhood kids in their costumes. Steven and I dressed up as chefs but we didn't get any family pictures because Luke tapped out for a nap before we could get that coordinated. Maybe we'll try again one night this week.

Tell me readers, what was your costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment