I Want My Boobies Back

I apologize in advance for a whiny post. I just need to vent for a minute.

I plan to wean Luke off of breast feeding when he is 6 months old and I can't wait until that day comes.

Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine not nursing him. I firmly believe in the benefits of breast feeding - nutrients for him, weight loss for me, intimate bonding, blah, blah, blah. Also, my boobs have never been bigger. HOWEVER. I am eager to reclaim ownership of my breasts.

This isn't even a sex thing. I don't yet want my husband to claim them either.

As rewarding as the experience is, it can be quite frustrating to be a nursing mom. I have to plan my outfits around boob access. Imagine staring at your closet thinking "Yeah it's cute, but can I whip out the girls while wearing with that top?" There is a large chunk of my wardrobe that is off limits until January.

On top of that, it is difficult to plan "me" time. Steven is more than happy to give me the afternoon off, but I can't be away from Luke for more than an hour or two. Yes, he could take a bottle, but the benefit of a solo outing isn't worth the hassle of pumping. He could also drink formula but that is for emergencies only. So I just stay home. Once January rolls around "me" time will be written on the calendar. In pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment