Check My Contract - I Do Nudity Now

I fully expected motherhood to change my life in many ways. The one thing I did not expect was to have the ability to whip out the girls in front of just about anybody.

In birth class we learned that one sign of active labor is the loss of modesty. Come to find out, that's true. Normally I am very shy about my body, but when it came time to push, I could have been spread eagle on that bed in front of a stadium full of people. I would not have cared.

In class, we all asked "When does the modesty return?" My answer is it doesn't - at least not right away. After Luke was born every nurse in the birth center wanted to examine my hoo-ha and grab my boobs. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't yet bend over and Steven had to help me change my (enormous, ice-pack filled, hospital issued, disposable) panties. So not sexy.

Once we got home we were in full nursing mode. In order to keep his weight up Luke had to be fed every 2 hours. Then, to increase my milk production, I had to pump after every daytime feeding. This meant the girls were out more than they were in. I quickly had to get comfortable nursing in front of my mom, my mother-in-law and a few other close relatives.

My next opportunity to share my nudity will be nursing in public. I haven't had to yet, but the day is coming. I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment