[Imagine Jeopardy Music Here]

Much to the disappointment of everyone I know, I still haven't delivered a baby.

I'm only 4 days past my due date - and based on family history, I figured I would deliver about a week late - so that, in itself, is not a problem. However. Since my stinking midwife said I "could go any day now" at 38 weeks, I feel like I'm over 2 weeks overdue.

Last Thursday (40 weeks, 0 days) I went back to the pre-natal masseuse to have her work my pressure points and hopefully get things moving along. She was confident I would have the baby by the end of the weekend. Last time I checked Monday is not part of the weekend, so clearly that's not happening.

Last Friday (40 weeks, 1 day) I went for my weekly OB check-up. I was measuring 2 cm and 80% effaced, which is slightly better than I was at 39 weeks, but not worth celebrating. The baby is still head down and bearing down on my cervix. Yeah, I already knew that. Just ask my sciatic nerve.

At the end of Friday's exam, the midwife and I came up with the plan. I will go for another check-up this Thursday (41 weeks, 0 days) and if I'm still pregnant 3 things will happen:
1- She will perform a non-stress test to make sure the baby is still feeling OK.
2- She will sweep the membrane - a quick, drug free method of inducing labor - to hopefully get things moving.
3- She will schedule me for a hospital, Pitocin induction (which I am really hoping to avoid) that will probably take place next Tuesday (41 weeks, 5 days).

In the meantime, I am going back to the masseuse tomorrow evening to try the pressure points again.

I'll update whenever I have some news.

No comments:

Post a Comment