Um, What Now?

I just have to share this article my mom sent me. If you've already been through this, or are dreading going through this (like me) you will relate to this.

I'm not going to reprint the entire article, but I wanted to share an excerpt:

"In the meantime, though, I'd like to encourage the pregnant women of America to try a little experiment. The next time someone admonishes you for eating Brie or sipping a cappuccino, turn the judgement and invasion of privacy back on the other person. Tell him fatty cheese and coffee aren't good for anyone, and you really don't think he should eat or drink them either. If someone says you've gained a lot of weight, respond, "At least I have an excuse." And if, say, a near-stranger asks you if you're lactating yet, answer the question, then smile earnestly and ask him about his breast fetish. I promise you, he won't bother you again."

Since I'm not showing yet I haven't encountered any unsolicited advice or belly rubs but I'm already practicing my smiling, gracious and snarky responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment