Bib Pimpin'

I don't think of this little storage solution as a craft project. It's more of a "Why didn't I think of this sooner?" moment.

I'm a fan of plastic bibs. Huge fan. I have clung to them ever since Luke started eating solid food. Have you ever tried to get carrot stains out of white cotton? I don't know about you, but I don't like bleaching things that hang close to my baby's face. Therefore plastic bibs rock my world.

To cut down on machine washings, I rinse the bib between meals. I also like to air dry the bib after machine washing to cut down on wear and tear. This leads me to my problem: where to hang dry the bib?

Sometimes I would hang it from the neck of the kitchen faucet, but that's completely in the way and often just keeps getting wet again.


Sometimes I hang it in the laundry closet. It's not a terrible solution, but I'd rather have something a little closer to where he eats. P.S. - I hoard those baby-sized clip hangers. They are perfect for line drying all sorts of delicates. And, um, speaking of delicates, just ignore mine.


Sometimes, if the bib is sopping wet, I hang it from my cabinet and let it drip into the sink. This actually works fairly well, but it's not a very elegant solution. Especially if I forget it's there and get a face full of wet bib, which does wonders for my hair. Heh.


This morning I was once again faced with the dilemma of where to hang the bib. Then it dawned on me: just put a hook on the side of the cabinet. Duh. I have no idea why this didn't occur to me sooner. So, just a few command strips later and I had the perfect place to dry a bib.

ta-da!

I even got fancy and put one on the other side for his other plastic bib. That's right readers. We're a two-bib family. Drink in the luxury.


So that's my a-trained-monkey-could-do-this, why-didn't-I-think-of-this-sooner project from this morning. Any stupidly simple projects going on at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment