12 Week Update

Ok, Luke will be 12 weeks old tomorrow and I have to brag about him a little bit.

He has been consistently sleeping through the night for almost 2 weeks! *internet high 5* Every night Daddy gives him a bath and puts him in his pajamas while I clean up the dinner dishes. Some nights, if Luke is agreeable, we turn on the ipod and have a family dance party - so far his favorites are 'Yellow Submarine' and 'Hey Ya.' Then I give him a nice, long feeding on the couch while Daddy and I watch some TV and then Daddy puts him to bed. He's been going to bed around 8:30 and he wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30.

We also stopped swaddling him about a week ago. To my surprise, he didn't fight it AT ALL. He just lays in his crib with a blanket over him. He usually kicks it off in the night, but it doesn't wake him up.

He is starting to gain control over his torso/stomach muscles. Last night in his baby bath tub we saw him lift his back away from the tub and sit up just a little bit. But hey, progress is progress.

He has expanded his range of vocal noises. He used to just say "ooh" but now he will grunt, squeak and giggle. He is most talkative on his changing table and he has started responding to tickling and funny faces. We almost got a laugh out of him yesterday, and I think that's just around the corner.

Lastly, I just have to share this little gem. I took the video with my iPhone and edited it with an app called Splice. If you have an iPhone I recommend this app. It's only $0.99 and it allows me to edit video, add music and lots of other features I haven't figured out yet. Will it make you a Spielberg or Scorsese? No, but for less than a buck it will add some pizazz to that clip of your kid doing something cute. Speaking of cute...

He has gotten SO BIG! He's not even 3 months old yet, but he's been wearing 3-6 month clothes for several weeks now. He's pushing 14 pounds and, as of his last weigh-in, he's in the 81st percentile for length and 85th percentile for weight. Not only is he a big baby, but every time he gets measured he has moved up on the percentile scale. At this rate he'll be Shaq-sized by high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment