Bragging Time

The Scene: Steven and I are laying in bed, asleep.

I hear Luke over the baby monitor, waking me for the first time of the night. He isn't crying, really, just softly fussing to himself. I stay put because I am lazy training him to self soothe. As his fussiness just starts to transition to real crying Steven's alarm clock goes off.

I roll over to Steven, "Do you know what that means?"

"Luke slept through the night?"

"Exactly." I try to high-five him, but we're half asleep so we miss.

Because he missed his 3:00 am feeding he's been playing catch up today. Seriously. I've had a Luke-shaped parasite hanging off my breast all. day. long. But I don't care, because I got a full night's sleep!

I'm not so cocky as to think he's already settled into a long-term sleep pattern, but it's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment