Nursery Wall Paint

This weekend we got the nursery cleaned out and painted! The color is Valspar's 'Aqua Glow' which we had color matched with Olympic paint - that was the only low VOC option. With a mama-to-be doing the painting, we didn't want to take any chances.


This is the obligatory 'before' shot. Beige walls, beige carpet, white trim and ceiling. BORING!


I wanted to take a proper picture for you but Steven was making it difficult. He had already brought in the paint supplies and dragged the furniture to the middle of the room, so it was VERY hard to get a decent angle that didn't show too much other stuff. I told him I was trying to document the process "for the blog" and I don't think he really cared. I know this because he said "I don't care."

Anyway, here he is doing an excellent job of cutting in. That's our division of labor - he cuts in and I get the roller - fun times.

I was planning on doing a separate post for the curtains, but I realized I couldn't easily show the walls without giving you a peek of the windows, so here we are. We picked the Matilda curtains from Ikea because, let's face it, you can't find cheaper curtains anywhere else.


These curtains are very soft, and have a wonderful nubby texture - perfect for a nursery.

I love, love, love the way the color turned out. It's bright and fresh and doesn't lean one way or the other on the gender spectrum. I have always liked this color but I was afraid it was too bold for any other room of the house. However, I think it has the perfect amount of zest for a baby's room.

So that's the first big step in turning our junk depository spare bedroom into a nursery. We got the whole thing done in less than 4 hours, but it made such a huge difference! Stay tuned for the scoop on furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment