Mr. Braxton Hicks Can Suck It

So, I have experienced my first contraction. Seeing as I am not currently in labor, that means I had a 'practice' contraction.

I was sitting at work, minding my own business, when all of a sudden my uterus went rogue on me. It got all tense and tight and I'm all "What did I do to you?" It was over very quickly and it was nothing some deep breathing couldn't get me through, but I now know what all the fuss is about. I'm sure all of you that have gone through actual labor are thinking "Child please.* That's nothing." I assure you, I'm aware this contraction will PALE in comparison to the real thing, I'm just saying I have even more cause to be slightly panicked that my delivery is quickly approaching.

*Major props to any reader who knows what professional D-Bag athlete originated that phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment